At Mortgage Explorer Services, our experienced mortgage professionals are dedicated to client satisfaction and growing their purchase book of business, while maintaining refinance transactions through a historically low-rate market.
Mortgage Explorer Services has an immediate opening in Canada for a Manager position.
We are looking for an experienced Branch Manager with current production and a sales team or the experience and desire to recruit and build a productive sales team.
The primary function of a Branch Manager is to develop new business opportunities through a variety of marketing channels, leveraging existing network, and cultivating new realtor relationships while delivering the highest level of customer service to both client and consumer.
Responsibilities include negotiating mortgage terms with prospective clients, setting proper expectations with the borrower with respect to processing of their file, providing education on the mortgage process, and effectively interacting with other departments within the organization to ensure the mortgage is closed in a timely manner every time.
The Manager will function in a recruiting capacity, leveraging their network within the industry to obtain high-quality mortgage officer referrals in target markets.
• Developing and fostering long-term relationships with borrowers and sources of referrals (i.e. realtors, financial advisors) to develop business and achieve performance goals in originations.
• Developing and fostering long-term relationships with sources of referrals (i.e. realtors, financial advisors, builders) to obtain referrals of top talent mortgage officers.
• Collaborate with Recruiting and Human Resources departments on sourcing strategy and interviewing, as well as the offer, negotiations, and hiring initiatives.
• Mentor and coach sales team.
• Communicating effectively with borrowers in order to better understand their goals and, ultimately, deliver a solution to meet those needs.
• Advising customer on mortgage products based on borrower’s specific needs and financial circumstances.
• Guiding the borrower through the application process and delivering an application that is comprehensive and accurate based on thorough pre-qualification.
• Adapting quickly to a fast-paced environment while still maintaining high level of attention to detail.
• Possessing a fundamental knowledge of the various mortgage products available to the borrower.
• Collaborating with colleagues assigned to the file in order to continue moving the mortgage file through the process to underwriting and closing.
• Staying up to date on the various mortgage products that are available along with the corresponding underwriting guidelines impacting those products.
• Handling customer complaints proactively and taking action to determine an appropriate resolution.
• Willingness to contribute suggestions and ideas in order to improve the overall production of the team.
• Staying up to date on all education requirements, training and maintaining the appropriate mortgage licenses.
• Striving to achieve all forecasted production goals, while maintaining quality work and service level expectations.
• Providing the highest level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
• High School Diploma or minimum 3 years mortgage mortgage originations experience
• Current production with existing pipeline
• Current sales team direct reports or experience leading sales team with desire to build while serving in a personal production capacity
• Purchase-centric mortgage mortgage production
• Minimum prior year personal closed mortgage production of $12M+
• Aptitude for business development and successful implementation strategies
• Extensive network of real estate and mortgage industry professionals
• Analytical and strategic planning skills
• Customer-first orientation
• Thorough knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, GMNA, mortgage insurer guidelines, TIL regulations, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, RESPA regulations, local and state real estate and finance laws
• Self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable
• Work ethic based on honesty and integrity